Posted by Lil
I have spent 25-26 years using product after product just to find that despite their labels my hair is still breaking, still coarse, still sparce around the edges, and definately doesn't look like it has grown as much as it should have done since I went natural 8 years ago. But since I have been making and using my own products I see something exciting happening
and I want to share it with you, as God knows, I am not alone in this struggle to find an effective regimen for my natural cotton-ball like hair. Exhibit A My motivation
I've done the relaxer, the braids, the weave, the lace weave, the wig!...it's time to be proud of the 'Me'. After watching Chris Rock's Good Hair
(2009) and Tyra's What Is Good Hair?
(2009) I was inspired to embrace my roots and make the most of natural me. After doing alot of research (and still learning) I decided to put money and time aside to create my own product. This product will:
- deep condition my hair (will use plastic cap and sit under heat bi-monthly)
- work as a pre-poo (protect my hair's moisture from being stripped by shampoo bi-monthly)
- feed my scalp and stimulate growth (nothing can grow on uncultivated soil - weekly all over and daily on my edges which have receeded due to heavy braiding and hair pulling)
- moisturise (this will help beat the brittle out of my hair)
- work as an effective detangler and sealant (sO necessary if i want to retain length)
- leave my hair feeling and smelling yummy (making me confident and happy)
- benefit most if not all hair-types when used appropriately (creating a community of happy hair huggers).