Posted by Dalilah,
Natural hair, in all its versatility, can sometimes get boring. There's only so many ways you can rock a twist out or an updo before you want to try a new style. Instagram is a great source for natural hairstyle inspiration. With all the naturalistas uploading photos throughout the day, there's an insane amount of styles to choose from whether you're rocking a TWA or a waist-length blow out. Check out five of our favorite Instagram accounts.
1. @teamnatural_ Team Natural is run by one of my friends and she's managed to build her following to over 200K people interested in seeing the beauty of natural hair. What I like about this particular account is the versatility of the styles and textures we see on a daily basis. They also showcase natural hairstyles just for kids, which is great for the mother who is trying to decide whether or not to allow her daughter to wear a fro. Another interesting feature of this account is that they showcase products geared toward natural women.
2. @mynaturalsistas I LOVE My Natural Sistas. The account is maintained by the three sisters - India, Carmen and Toni - and they always upload photos prior to sharing tutorials for them on YouTube. What's really special about this account is that the ladies are at all different stages of their hair journey and overtime, you'll learn characteristics about them and how they care for their hair. India (right) has the longest hair and she tends to use heat every now and then. Carmen (center) prefers to keep her hair short and she's known to experiment with color on a regular basis. Toni (left) also has experimented with color and she typical does updos more than India and Carmen.
3. @hair2mesmerize Hair 2 Mesmerize is another account that should definitely be on your radar. They post photos of naturals all over the world with tresses of different textures, colors and coils. They also feature their followers when you use their special hashtag.
4. @baronesscountess Her hair is everything! Not only is she a natural hair icon, she's also a blogger so her account is filled with engaging posts for her audience. Although the account on features hairstyles done on her own hair, she manages to make them versatile enough to fit any follower of hers with any texture of natural hair. (P.S. - How did she fit all that hair in one selfie?!)
5. @ilovealimara Annisa LiMara is a really good friend of mine and I had to include her on this list for all the ladies rocking TWAs. Annissa previously had gorgeous, shoulder-length hair and recently decided to undergo another big chop. She's a great source for inspiration for natural hair styles for TWAs and fashion for curvy girls. Who are your favorite Instagram accounts to follow for natural hair inspiration? Share them with your Instagram handle in the comments section below. Also, make sure you follow us on Instagram @hugmyhair!